Read here about what is involved in joining the Gang as a cast member for the 2019 season and beyond:
The Brisbane Gang Show Cast in 2018 was comprised of 127 youth members – this included:
14 Cub Scouts, 48 Scouts, 26 Venturer Scouts, 30 Rover Scouts and 9 Guides.
Cast Member Expectations:
To be a member of the cast – you need to be aware of the expectations of cast members – please review this list before you consider applying in any given year:
- Remain active members of Scouts Queensland or Girl Guides Queensland.
- Cub Scouts must be 9 years of age by opening night (June or July each year), Guides must be at least 15 years of age by opening night and all youth must be no older than 25 years by closing night of performances.
- Apply online each year to be part of the Cast which includes providing personal and health Information.
- Attend an audition in November of each prior year to the show season involving – singing part of your own chosen song, acting out lines from a sketch provided to you on the day, participating in a short dance routine and answering questions asked by the audition panel. Auditions determine roles for each cast member in the following years show and not all applicants who audition may be accepted into the cast for the following year. Review the auditions page of this website to help you prepare.
- Agree to participate in the entire season diaries available on this BGS website (full diary here or cub scout here) involving all rehearsals and camps. For over 15’s this includes each Tuesday Night rehearsal. Any more than three absences may result in termination of membership with the Gang.
- If under 18 – complete travel authority details as part of application process to allow you to travel to and from rehearsals with people who are not your own Parents/Guardians.
- Agree to sign out at rehearsals in accordance with established procedures.
- If over 18 or turning 18 during the season – obtain a Positive Notice for Working with Children (blue card), which must remain current throughout the season.
- Pay the cast activity fee by end of February each year (the 2018 fee was $110 per cast member excluding country trip fee – this changes from year to year and is provided as a guide only).
- Agree to take part in one fundraising activity each year (eg. BBQ roster, chocolate box sales, theme park ticket sales, etc) or pay an additional $20 fundraising levy per cast member.
- Agree to promote the show actively to all family members, friends, colleagues and other groups in order to assist with ticket sales.
- Aim to coordinate a minimum of 20 ticket sales per cast member (you advise your contacts to provide your name as reference when they make their booking to ensure you reach this target).
- Agree to supply the ‘Personal Wardrobe Items’ per the list distributed each year as part of the season (eg. black shoes, white shoes, joggers, personal support and other clothing items).
- Agree to purchase and wear a button up uniform shirt (note – the polo shirt style Scout uniform is not acceptable on stage at BGS) with all badges correctly applied. In addition you must have the Scout belt and cleanly shined black shoes.
- Agree to abide by a strict season dress code. Shorts must be to the knee in length and pulled up to waist height. Shirts or tops must have sleeves and be long enough that when bending over for dance moves that the shirt still falls below the short/pant waist line. Closed in footwear must be worn at all rehearsals and suitable deodorant applied and available for reapplication.
- Agree to participate in additional Patrol or Section activities coordinated by the Leadership or Program Team.
- Agree to supply a plate of home bake for each camp (per family).
- Agree to adhere to strict social media and personal communication policies implemented at BGS.
- Provide own costume items for themed fun at camp dinner session (coordinated with Patrol).
- Leadership Team – Provide themed items for camp dinner session and party food/drink.
- Leadership Team – Undertake duties associated with Patrol Namesakes.
- Over 18’s are required to attend a mandatory Over 18’s activity at the beginning of the rehearsal season (February).
Applications to join the cast in 2019 are OPEN. CLICK HERE to access the online application process.
Please ignore the Crime Stoppers references on the application site – our PD works for them and we are using their secure systems for our applications. Thank you.
Returning cast members will need their username and password – check your email for the details from our mailchimp email system or contact Trevor